Mark S. Kjolhaug
Natural Resource Specialist / Professional Wetland Scientist
Owner and President, Kjolhaug Environmental Services
Mark Kjolhaug holds over 25 years of combined Wildlife Research, Environmental Studies Teaching, Natural Resources Consulting, and Wetland Management experience. He founded Kjolhaug Environmental Services Company, Inc. in 1997. Mark is a Certified Wetland Scientist (#000845), and past President and Board Member of the Wetland Delineators Association. He holds current memberships in the Society for Ecological Restoration, the Minnesota Chapter of the Wildlife Society, the Minnesota Wetland Professionals Association, and the Society of Wetland Scientists.
Resumé: Mark S. Kjolhaug (PDF Download)
Melissa A. Lauterbach-Barrett
Wetland Scientist / Soil Scientist
Melissa Barrett has a BS in Soil Science from North Dakota State University and an MS in Soil Science (Soil Morphology and Genesis) from Iowa State University. Before moving back to her home state of Minnesota in 2004, she worked as an Environmental Specialist Senior for both the Iowa Department of Public Health and Iowa Department of Transportation.
Melissa is a Minnesota Licensed Professional Soil Scientist, a Minnesota Certified Wetland Delineator, and a Minnesota Master Naturalist.
In her 12+ years at Kjolhaug, Melissa has worked – and continues to work – in all services areas. More recently she has added Development Ecologist services working with developers and Home Owner Associations (HOAs) to prepare development stewardship plans, annual budgets and management/monitoring plans, and vegetation management coordination.
Senior Environmental Scientist / Ecologist
- 20+ years in wetlands, environmental review, permitting and natural resources.
- 60+ EAWs, AUARs, and EAs, 100+ wetland approvals and 40+ critical issues analyses.
- Land development and renewable energy project approvals.
- Certified Senior Ecologist; Minnesota Certified Wetland Delineator.
- President of Minnesota Wetland Professionals Association; Climate Leader with the Climate Reality Project.
GIS Specialist / Ecologist
- Previously worked as a Research Technician studying Ephemeral Pond wetlands
- BS Environmental Science
- Minor in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Wetland delineations, GIS/GPS, vegetation monitoring, hydrology studies
- Certified Pesticide Applicator; Certified Wetland Delineator In-Training; member of Minnesota Wetland Professionals Association